About this blog

Singapore
Singapore is a melting pot of cultures from all over the world. This rare mix of 5 million people in an area the size of London, has lead to a vast array of culinary experiences. As a bit of a foodie, I plan on experiencing as much of this as possible! Plus, as a designer I will be capturing any creative or just intriguing products, packaging and retail outlets I see a long my journey. Enjoy.

Monday 12 December 2011

The Tipling club, Singapore.

This is a tricky one. I will not do the food justice by describing it. However, if we rely on pictures alone some of the creations from head Chef, Ryan Clift (Wilkshire, UK, born), will not make sense because of the creative presentation, innovative ways of delivering the food and the varying drinking vessels.  
So apologies for my attempt. I hope I have captured what a truly fantastic experience I had at the Tipling club.


Menu and interior
We had the 5 course tasting menu, plus the drinks pairing. The interior revolves around the kitchen, it's as if the kitchen is the stage and you have front row seats. All equipment is on display, the ingredients stacked high, the drinks bottles precariously dangling from the ceiling. 



Entrees and Course 1
Soups in test tubes and glass straws.
The yoghurt pot contained a curry like mousse, topped with finely chopped coriander and freeze dried yoghurt.
Course 2 is the Smoke Trout, with apples, both fresh and freeze dried, powdered horseradish and a sorbet.




Course 3
Rach and I order two different things.
One was a carrot Gnocchi another a salted cod, both served with different cocktails.



Course 3, Garden Vegetables, which was served with a beetroot liquor 
Course 4, Pigeon and a black truffle paste.



Desserts!
Depsey Hill Dessert is designed around the restaurants local surroundings. A mixture of different chocolates, creams, ice-cream, mousse and a green tea sponge.
Followed by Hand-made chocolates
And a very special treat for the birthday boy (ME!), Champagne and a extra special additional dessert!


Thank you to the Tipling Club and of course, Rachel for my birthday present!


No comments:

Post a Comment